Exactly twenty years after the world-famous Zoltán Kodály Pedagogical Institute of Music opened its gates, the Foundation for the Kodály Institute started its activity also in Kecskemét, birthplace of the great Hungarian composer, ethnomusicologist and music pedagogue, Zoltán Kodály.
Since 1995 the Foundation has been working closely with the Institute striving to continue in the spirit of Kodály’s lifework, to make it available to as many people as possible.
More particularly the goals of the Foundation are:
- to help promote and extend the programmes and organisational structure of the Kodály Institute;
- to help secure the financial background of its national and international programmes by offering scholarships for the year courses, short courses, seminars and conferences;
- to extend the financial basis of the publications of academic work done by or inspired by the Institute, to support its Library, Archives and Audio-Visual Studio Facilities;
- to support the maintenance, special programmes and activities of the Zoltán Kodály Memorial Museum in Budapest.
- In the past few years, the Foundation has become especially active as supporter and organizer of special short courses, and in facilitating the publication of new books and audio-visual materials.
The Foundation is open, any person from within or outside Hungary may send or give donations in cash or otherwise.
Account number where donations may be sent:
to: Kecskeméti Kodály Intézetért Alapítvány
Bank name: Rónasági Takarékszövetkezet
Bank account number: HU07 5250-0109-1500-0037-0000-0000
SWIFT CODE: TAKBHUHB